Sign in to follow this  
Daniel Kirmatzis

What does the post-lockdown manufacturing industry look like?

Daniel Kirmatzis

Now lockdown in the UK has been partially lifted and a large number of manufacturers start to increase their operational capacity we'd like to know what does business look like from your perspective and what you think the long-term impact of the pandemic will be on the manufacturing industry?

Here are some questions that you may want to consider when answering:

1. Did you apply for any of the government's schemes to help your business mitigate the effects of the pandemic and how have these helped your business survive?

2. How helpful were the banks if you needed to restructure part or all of your financing during lockdown?

3. Have your forecasts changed as a result of the lockdown and what does business look like for you for the rest of 2020 i.e. how healthy is your order book post-lockdown; have you found contracts being frozen or cancelled?

4. Are you thinking about changing the way your workers operate in the future - i.e. more flexible hours and ways of working?

5. Are you considering diversifying from your current product offerings? - Perhaps you started making PPE during the pandemic and realised that new opportunities and markets were available to your business.

6. Are you considering onshoring or reshoring aspects of your supply chain? Has the pandemic and just-in-time deliveries made you reconsider your supply chains?

7. Will the pandemic make you reconsider the adoption of digital technologies which could transform your ways of doing business especially in the face of such threats as a pandemic?

Thank you and I look forward to your replies.

Share the knowledge