Sign in to follow this  
Daniel Kirmatzis

Introduce yourself to the Community

Daniel Kirmatzis

Please take a moment to reply to this post and introduce yourself to The Manufacturer Community.

Let other Community members know a little about who you are and your experiences.

What's your interest in manufacturing and what do you hope to get from being a member of the Community?

What experience have you had in or with the manufacturing industry in the UK?

I look forward to welcoming you to the Community.

Share the knowledge

Kate Willsher

Hello, Kate from the IfM, Cambridge. Here to ensure we are connected to the UK manufacturing community. Looking forward to being part of this!

Share the knowledge

Daniel Kirmatzis
1 hour ago, Kate Willsher said:

Hello, Kate from the IfM, Cambridge. Here to ensure we are connected to the UK manufacturing community. Looking forward to being part of this!

Welcome Kate - it's great that you are part of the Community.

Best regards,

Daniel.

Share the knowledge

Stephen Tulip

Hi everyone, I'm Stephen from Make UK (formerly called EEF). I cover the South region and so spend my time visiting manufacturing businesses across that patch to understand their problems and, where I can, assist them. Looking forward to sharing with you all. 

Share the knowledge

Daniel Kirmatzis
5 minutes ago, Stephen Tulip said:

Hi everyone, I'm Stephen from Make UK (formerly called EEF). I cover the South region and so spend my time visiting manufacturing businesses across that patch to understand their problems and, where I can, assist them. Looking forward to sharing with you all. 

Welcome Stephen. Great to have you involved.

Best regards,

Daniel.

Share the knowledge

michael.brassea

Hi everyone! 

I'm Michael Brassea, I work in Marketing at a company called Tacton CPQ. I'm really into visualization, design automation and digital transformation of existing processes for manufacturers. I like to see how changing just a few things can reinvent and reinvigorate companies! 

I hope to learn more what's actually going on on the factory floors. What are the good and bad experiences manufactures are encountering in 2019? Where do we go as the decade turns? 📆

As for manufacturing in the UK... I am based in Chicago, but this is the best forum I've encountered and hope to find a good sense of community here! 

Share the knowledge

Daniel Kirmatzis

Hi @michael.brassea

Welcome to the Community! We recently hosted our Digital Manufacturing Week In Liverpool which showcased some of the amazing new technologies revolutionising the manufacturing industry. Next year's Smart Factory Expo event is on 11-12 November at the Liverpool Exhibition Centre. More details will be posted on the Community in due course.

It would be great to get your perspective from the USA - in particular how new technologies are changing the manufacturing industry on the other side of the pond.

Best regards,

Daniel.

Share the knowledge

DylanCunninghamTM

Some of you may know me I'm already - I'm Dylan, and I work on the Manufacturer's portfolio of events; doing topical research that feeds into our events, and inviting people to join us to speak and share their experiences. I'm here to keep in touch with our community, read people's thoughts, and to share some insights that result from my research & events.

Feel free to get in touch!

Share the knowledge

Jonathan Downie

Hi,
I'm Jonathan. I'm passionate about helping UK manufacturers by providing interpreting and translation services that are tailored to their needs. I'm hoping to learn more about what is happening on the ground in UK manufacturing.

Share the knowledge

Graham Cooper

Hi 

I'm Graham. I'm approaching the twilight of a long career in manufacturing (42 years and counting) and would love to share my experiences and learnings to help others. I have deep knowledge and experience of the following areas amongst others :- Developing High Performance Work Teams and implementing TPM, H&S management, Sustainability and energy reduction (Agfa won Sustainable Manufacturing MX awards in 2007 and 2011), Lean Management Systems (totally integrating ISO 9001, 14001, 50001 and OHSAS 18001), building a lean continuous improvement culture, getting value from a sea of process data. 

I'm passionate about the sector and believe it is vital to engage young people to open their eyes to the fantastic careers in Manufacturing they could have. I'm particularly proud of instigating and leading the Leeds Manufacturing Festival for the last couple of years (see summary of 2019 LMF here) and of becoming a Top 100 Alumni in 2018.

Share the knowledge

Stephen Cloute

Hello all,

I'm Stephen, I am a quality technician from Hastings, I work with quality, health & safety and environmental ISO standards (9001, 19001, 45001 and 14001) in my company as well as development projects in foreign countries, general quality inspection, process improvement, risk and COSHH assessments, management system writing and currently I am working on my knowledge into electrical components (testing and installation as well as the inner workings) including BS EN standards. Although I have not been in this industry long I have picked up a lot from the time I have been working and will continue learning everything I can about manufacturing/engineering as it really interests me.

I hope that I can get a lot of insight from this community which will benefit me in my career, and I can help answer/discuss issues that I have knowledge on or give a different perspective on other topics.

Share the knowledge

Jonny Williamson

Hi - I'm Jonny Williamson and I'm Editor of TheManufacturer.com. I've been with The Manufacturer for the past five years and writing about manufacturing, business and leadership for the past 10. 

My mission is to give manufacturing business owners and their decision-makers the insights and analysis they need to run their operations better. How? By speaking to manufacturers and engineers every day, promoting their successes, discussing where they see future opportunities and unpicking what keeps them up at night.

I'm hoping the discussions in this community will help me achieve that, alongside helping you all via the content and insights the team and I will share. 

Share the knowledge

Asif Moghal

Hi I'm Asif from Autodesk UK. I manage the Design and Manufacturing Industry aspects of our business and do this under the banner of an initiative called The Future of British Manufacturing Initiative. If anyone would like to learn more please just get in touch.

Share the knowledge

Sarah Black-Smith

Hi everyone 👋 I’m Sarah Black-Smith and I work at Siemens in Congleton. Looking forward to learning from you all and sharing anything I can that might add value 😊

Share the knowledge

Daniel Kirmatzis

Hi @Sarah Black-Smith

Welcome to the Community. It's great to have you involved and many thanks for making your first post.

Best regards,

Daniel.

Share the knowledge