Ashley Oulton

Innovation and Employee Engagement

Ashley Oulton

It is clear from my research calls that employee engagement can be critical to the success of digital transformation projects. Does anyone have any experience of methods that have worked? 

Edited by Ashley Oulton

Share the knowledge

Sarah Black-Smith

Hi Ashley, I think communication is king. Being open and transparent with your team members is key. The main thing is to communicate your purpose and why for  doing what you are doing. Everything we do is about answering big challenges and Doing this for generations to come. We have lots of communication methods - an employee consultative committee, listening circles, our Operations newsletter, lunch and learn sessions and a monthly recorded team brief (so everyone gets the same message) to name but a few 🙂. I hope this helps, Sarah 

Share the knowledge

Ashley Oulton
On 2/4/2020 at 5:05 PM, Sarah Black-Smith said:

Hi Ashley, I think communication is king. Being open and transparent with your team members is key. The main thing is to communicate your purpose and why for  doing what you are doing. Everything we do is about answering big challenges and Doing this for generations to come. We have lots of communication methods - an employee consultative committee, listening circles, our Operations newsletter, lunch and learn sessions and a monthly recorded team brief (so everyone gets the same message) to name but a few 🙂. I hope this helps, Sarah 

Hi @Sarah Black-Smith thank you very much for getting back to share your employee engagement methods at Siemens Congleton. There are some really useful tips there that I'm sure other organisations could put to good use.  I like the idea of the monthly recorded team brief. I could see that working very well at the Manufacturer! Thanks again, Ashley  

Share the knowledge